Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

I have done my duty (tee-hee, little giggle) and let my draft rest. I am now diving back in to do re-writes, revisions, and edits. It's a little tougher than I expected, but not nearly as hard as writing it the first time.

I also applied for an RWA conference scholarship. For anyone who doesn't know, I have been undergoing treatment for Stage II, B breast cancer that was diagnosed in Nov. 2009. I figure, if I don't get my butt in gear and do everything I always wanted to do, then what's a life crisis for, anyway?

I also submitted an article on Steampunk to Examiner.com. I hope they like it enough to ask for more, but I'm not obsessing over it or anything. So what if I've checked e-mail every couple hours in the same day? Does that say obsession?

I did hear from Skirt! about the article I submitted to them. It's not for them at this time. That's okay, I've been rejected before. Just another motivator to get my rear in gear.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a writer all my life. I still have pleasant memories of typing my "plays" about talking fruits for hours at the age of eight. I gave up on the fruits, but not my love of writing. I hope to publish within the next year. I have been working on at least three book manuscripts, two narrative articles, and 1 poem. Other than that, I work, pretend to clean, and try to be a good wife and mother (work in progress).