Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Read Through and Examiner

Well, I did a read through of my draft, and, although it is rough around the edges, it is actually a good book. I really like the characters and the situations I put them in. I was worried about much of what I wrote, thinking it was pure poop, but I like how it turned out.

I will be editing the book over the next couple weeks while taking an online writing class through Orange County Romance Writer's again. This one is about crafting Deep Story, and so far it has been helpful. I have also been using much of what my critique group has been saying about my story. My chapter 1 is quite different from what I originally wrote. Much tighter writing. I realize that I am probably more of a spaghetti writer. I pretty much throw everything on the page and see what sticks. Then, I have to beat the prose back to a subtler story.

On a different note, I published my first article to www.examiner.com. Unfortunately, I can't find it on their site. Yeah, that's a little strange. Anyway, I'll update on whether or not that will be going anywhere.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a writer all my life. I still have pleasant memories of typing my "plays" about talking fruits for hours at the age of eight. I gave up on the fruits, but not my love of writing. I hope to publish within the next year. I have been working on at least three book manuscripts, two narrative articles, and 1 poem. Other than that, I work, pretend to clean, and try to be a good wife and mother (work in progress).