Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is one of my babies' (she's 12) birthdays. I am so nostalgic. I can remember one of the first nights we had her home from the hospital, she was crying (she did a lot of that), and I was walking around our living room at 3:00 in the morning, in tears myself. Sobbing, I looked at her and told her, "I don't think I can be your mommy."

Now, here we are close to 12 years later, and I'm still her mommy, and she's one of the best things in my life!

Today was also Hitler's birthday. And, although my daughter has a few furor-type characteristics now that she's a tween, she's a great kid who will do wonderful things in life. I love her so much! Happy Birthday, Baby!

I feel like my current manuscript is like my poor, crying daughter, fresh from birth. I look at the mess it is now and wonder how in the world I could be this ugly duckling's mama, and how we're going to turn it into a swan? I certainly hope it doesn't take me 12 years, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a writer all my life. I still have pleasant memories of typing my "plays" about talking fruits for hours at the age of eight. I gave up on the fruits, but not my love of writing. I hope to publish within the next year. I have been working on at least three book manuscripts, two narrative articles, and 1 poem. Other than that, I work, pretend to clean, and try to be a good wife and mother (work in progress).