Thursday, March 25, 2010

Synopsis Trouble and Contest

Contest is at the bottom of the post and will end Saturday, March 27, 2010, no joke.


Okay, I am trying my little heart out to write a synopsis for my current wip. It is like pulling teeth or toenails or any other kind of horrendous torture. Having only written one other, I think I'm a tad inexperienced, and I have to finish it today, so I can tweak it tomorrow. I want to send it off to a contest (I think I just peed a little in my pants) and see if I can get a few critiques.

I also sent a personal essay to Skirt! Magazine yesterday, and I've only checked my e-mail about 50 times since then. No word so far, which I'm taking as a good thing because maybe their taking time to read it and think about it. Here's hoping!

I also entered a blog discussion about what Gena Showalter should name her next Lords of the Underworld novel about Strider, a warrior possessed by the demon of defeat. I gave several suggestions, my favorites of which are: The Darkest Submission, The Darkest Aim, and The Darkest Craving, but so far, no word on which of the over 200 posts will win an ARC (advanced reader's copy) of The Darkest Passion. (Oh, please pick me!)

Anyhoo, I am going to get back to my dreaded synopsis.

Oh, one other thing, would anybody be interested in an autographed copy of Once Upon A Knight, by Jackie Ivie. I'll be happy to put you in for a drawing, if you will follow this blog and follow me on Twitter or if you can help me out by giving me a good resource for writing a synopsis. Just leave a comment in this post once all is set up. My twitter is the same as my blog: kiera mcallister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a writer all my life. I still have pleasant memories of typing my "plays" about talking fruits for hours at the age of eight. I gave up on the fruits, but not my love of writing. I hope to publish within the next year. I have been working on at least three book manuscripts, two narrative articles, and 1 poem. Other than that, I work, pretend to clean, and try to be a good wife and mother (work in progress).